- Underwood, Ted, and David Bamman. “The Instability of Gender.” The Stone and the Shell (personal blog). January 9, 2016, http://tedunderwood.com/20116/01/09/the-instability-of-gender/. Accessed April 19, 2016.
Search digital humanities and social science publications and select one article that uses either a supervised or unsupervised approach to text analysis. Read the paper, and come to class prepared to present the methods presented in the paper to the class and to discuss the way in which the research question is operationalized through the study. When you have selected your article, please add a copy of it to the Week 12 folder in our Class Group Files area. You may consider publications in places such as:
- Digital Humanities Quarterly
- Digital Scholarship in the Humanities
- Cultural Analytics
- Critical Inquiry
- American Quarterly has an issue with a couple of articles: https://muse.jhu.edu/issue/39105.
- Any other journal of your choosing
This week you will be asked to write a summary and review of the article that you found for the class website.
For those who are looking for an additional activity to do or who would like to see other examples of topic modeling, you might consider reading this tutorial: https://medium.com/@kurtsenol21/topic-modeling-lda-mallet-implementation-in-python-part-1-c493a5297ad2.