- Gentzkow, Kelly, and Taddy “Text as Data” Journal of Economic Literature 2019, 57(3), 535-574. [https://doi.org/10.1257/jel.20181020] [PDF in Commons Group]
- Walsh, Marcus. “Theories of Text, Editorial Theory, and Textual Criticism.” The Book: A Global History. Edited by Michael F. Suarez, S.J. & H. R. Woudhuysen. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2013. [PDF in Commons Group]
- Gardiner, Eileen and Ronald G. Musto. “The Electronic Book.” The Book: A Global History. Edited by Michael F. Suarez, S.J. & H. R. Woudhuysen. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2013. [PDF in Commons Group]
- Roland Barthes, “The Death of the Author” [ PDF in Commons Group] and “From Work to Text” [PDF in Commons]
Notebook Activity – [due before class starts]:
- Clone and / or run Week 3 Jupyter Notebook
- Note: I was having trouble with the class DHUM72500 repository, so this one is saved on my personal account until I can figure out what is wrong.
- To use this notebook, make sure that you copy to your local computer all the files in a .zip file. That way you’ll get the images as well as the notebook itself.