Readings Due: TBD
- Richard Jean So, “All Models are Wrong.” PMLA May 2017: https://www.mlajournals.org/doi/abs/10.1632/pmla.2017.132.3.668. [Access through the GC Library database]
- Safiya Umoja Noble, “Searching for Black Girls” Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism. New York: NYU Press, 2018
- View a talk based on this book: https://youtu.be/iRVZozEEWlE
- DA, Nan Z. “The Computational Case against Computational Literary Studies.” Critical Inquiry. v. 45, n.3, Mar 2019, pp 601-39. journals.uchicago.edu (Atypon), https://doi.org/10.1086/702594 . (Available through GC Library. Include supplemental materials)
- Blog post with abstract for Roundtable due.
- Week 13 Notebook assignment.
Additional Resources: TBD